History of the Webster County Health UnitThe Webster County Health Unit was first established in 1957 by a vote of the people. It was funded with a .07¢ mill tax.
Notes of the first meeting held on September 27, 1957 read as follows:
"At the first meeting of the Trustees of Webster County Health Center, the following, appointed by the County Court were present.
Guy Duggan, Marshfield
Ted Stuber, Niangua
Lester Williams, Fordland
J.R. Gill, Seymour
Ted Stuber, Vice Chairman
J.R. Gill, Secretary
Meeting adjourned subject to call."
Today the Webster County Health Unit continues its commitment to preserve and protect public health in our community.
Current board members include: